Nuclear decommissioning is the process whereby a facility is dismantled to the point that it no longer requires measures for radiation protection. Decommissioning includes the following stages:
– Post operational clean out
– Initial dismantling and removal of contaminated parts or care and maintenance to allow radioactive materials to decay
– Dismantling of the facility, demolition of the structure, and remediation of land and water to future use standard.
A full day of presentations and discussion will focus on the role of human factors in the safe and effective decommissioning of nuclear generation assets. This event will concentrate on sharing knowledge and experience, to better understand how human factors expertise can support decommissioning more effectively in the future.
- Human Factors in Decommissioning Safety Cases – managing a changing safety environment. Jon Berman, Greenstreet Berman Ltd
- Appropriate human factors input to decommissioning safety case. Bob Hawkrigg, Cavendish Nuclear
- Sellafield – a site under change. Jonathan Pyke, Sellafield Limited
- Paint it black: End-to-end human factors in design and delivery for Sizewell B dry fuel store. Rob Cotterill, EDF Nuclear Generation
- Decommissioning Dounreay – Challenges for human factors. Christian Wilhelm, Dounreay Site Restoration Ltd
- A framework for addressing human factors challenges in manual decommissioning activities. Mel and Chris Lowe, Liv Systems
- A survival guide to practising ergonomics when the schedule dominates proceedings. John Lovegrove, Canary Designs
- An EI guide to integrating human factors into decommissioning projects. Bill Gall, Kingsley Management Ltd
- The Regulator’s view. Elaine Vinton, Office for Nuclear Regulation
- Human factors: What flavour are you? Grant Hudson, Cavendish Nuclear
There will be an optional networking dinner the evening before the event on the 15th October.
Networking dinner, 15 October: £40 + VAT
Day attendance, 16 October: £160 + VAT
CIEHF members receive a 25% discount on the standard delegate day rates.
This event is taking place at Hilton Manchester Airport, Outwood Lane, Manchester M90 4WP. If you would like to book a bedroom for the night of 15 October please contact the hotel directly on 0161 435 3000. Maps/directions to the venue can be found on the hotel’s website.