The very best of careers guidance, options and opportunities.
What can I do at the Careers Day?
This is the only event in the UK dedicated to providing information about careers in ergonomics and human factors. At this event, you can:
- Visit the Jobs Fair with stands from leading organisations looking for new and enthusiastic talent.
- Listen to presentations from those already working in ergonomics and human factors about what they do and how they got there.
- Network with other professionals, new graduates and students from across the UK.
- Talk to the team from the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors who will answer your questions about:
- The career options open to you, including those in academia, industry and consultancy.
- The best route to get from where you are now to where you want to be.
- How to demonstrate your professionalism through membership of the CIEHF.
- How to advance your career through continuous professional development.
Who can attend?
This event is aimed at anyone looking to find out more about a career in ergonomics and human factors. It would particularly help:
- Undergraduates, new graduates and postgraduate students.
- Those whose jobs require them to upskill and take on responsibility for human factors work in their organisation.
- Those who are already established in a field such as engineering, design or psychology but who are looking to change career.
- Those who have already taken their first steps in their ergonomics and human factors career but are looking to find out about work in other sectors.
- Careers advisors who want to guide people towards an exciting and rewarding career.
How much does it cost?
The attendance fee is £30. This includes unlimited access to all activities throughout the day, refreshments and lunch, and a copy of the CIEHF’s new careers booklet. Book your place below now.
You will be able to attend any or all of the presentations on the day. Presentations will cover human factors work within the following sectors:
Manufacturing/robotics – Alina Gibb, JCB
Product design – Lisa Baker, DCA Design International
Energy – Ben McCaulder, Greenstreet Berman Ltd
Healthcare – Frances Ives, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham
User research – Saransh Gupta, Rock Kitchen Harris
Can I exhibit at this event?
Yes! If you are looking for people to join your organisation either now or in the future, the Ergonomics & Human Factors Careers Day is the perfect opportunity for you to meet enthusiastic students, graduates and those looking for a career change. It will provide you with a unique opportunity to:
- Connect with students and new graduates eager to begin their career in ergonomics and human factors.
- Engage with experienced professionals looking for a new direction who have backgrounds that will complement your existing human factors team.
- Build brand recognition within the ergonomics and human factors community.
- Demonstrate your support for the next generation of ergonomists and human factors specialists.
Contact our events partner about exhibiting at the Jobs Fair or for sponsorship opportunities: Callum Nagle at Redactive.
How can I book a place?
If you want to find out more about your future career options at this unmissable event, just buy your ticket using the form below now.
By registering for this event, you agree to our terms and conditions.